Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Denny's Scarf

Denny Stein emailed me photos of a gorgeous, simple scarf. She wrote:

"I bought this silk yarn at Stitches West and you asked me to send a photo of the scarf I was going to make, after I was done. I made it for my partner, who really loves it. It's almost all stockinette stitch and "next time" I would use a more varied pattern, especially along the edges so they wouldn't curl as much. It has a wonderful drape, like water flowing and rippling. Hope you like the pics."

DennyTropicalGreenScarf3

Here's the close-up of her excellent stitch work - very even, especially for silk!

DennyTropicalGreenScarf2

Denny added:
"I think a lacy scarf would be lovely, and I have a tiny ball left that I was thinking of knitting up on large needles, with about 10 stitches to a row, just to see what it looked like."

I don't have a webpage or Ravelry ID for Denny, but if she sends one, I'll share!

Thanks for sending the photos, Denny!

No comments: